Thursday, January 27, 2011
|busy with binding|
|Photo session; Top photo: Carolyn, Me, Eve, Ana, Shuku, Zaklean & Agnes|
I come to realise that this particular workshop was purely 1Malaysia. Different background with same common interest and passion. I will miss all this girls...Nothing that will make me proud than knowing that they continuously practising the skill they have learnt.. and extend it to another level. Hope the skill will benefit them somehow, some way...like it does to me:) And it will definitely make Larry happy knowing that the legacy continued:)
Here are students that attending the workshop this time around:
- Shuku - Music teacher + Jeweler
- Carolyn - Landscape Architect
- Rebecca Lawrence - Painted Glass Artist
- Anastasia Lawrence - Art Teacher
- Eve Tee - Crafter
- Shuku - Choir/Music Teacher
- Zaklean - An Entrepreneur
|Get ready for photo session|
|Their creation was sooooo beautiful; Carolyn, Shuku & Rebecca|
|Eve, Agnes & Ana|
|Snack for afternoon tea - Telur burung puyuh pie:)|
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
|Sewing and drilling session|
Time flies super fast today...and my LittleSyam Workshop 3 went well so far. Another day to go. Attended by 7 girls this time ..
|Carolyn borong the ribbon for her upcoming project|
|Trip to Pudu..Thanks Zaklean to drive us...|
Meet up with this all nice people make me looking forwards for another day tomorrow... My day felt shorter. In a way we all had the same common passion.. Good that the workshop could unite them under one roof.
P/s will share more photos tomorrow..so stay tuned:)
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
We make+design+collect delightful, eccentric everyday objects, like fashion accessories, paper goods, stationery, table/home decor, toys, jewellery, prints, t-shirts and some other silly things in between. ~ Oh&Ah
A MUST visit place, inspired creative studio and worth while shopping trip too...
Check them out at www.oh-and-ah.com
Located at: NW-02-09, Cova Square, Jalan Teknologi , Kota Damansara, PJU 5, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
They open up their store for special weekend showcase from 12noon – 6pm on the following dates in January so better hurry and get inspired. Check them out:15th & 16th (Sat & Sun)
22nd & 23rd (Sat & Sun)
29th & 30th (Sat & Sun)
Saturday, January 22, 2011
1. It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return. But what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know how you feel.
2. A sad thing in life is when you meet someone who means a lot to you, only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be and you just have to let go.
3. The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.
4. It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
5. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone-but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
6. Don't go for looks, they can deceive. Don't go for wealth, even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day
7. Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be. Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.
8. Always put yourself in the other's shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the person too.
9. A careless word may kindle strife. A cruel word may wreck a life. A timely word may level stress. But a loving word may heal and bless.
10. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
11. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, ends with a tear. When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Take the first step in faith.
You don't have to see the whole staircase,
just take the first step.
I am looking forward for another busy week:
12 handmade journalsTICK DONE I finished my Glam Street planner.. I almost gave up..but any how I am going to submit it to client and assumed the job is done, it taking so much time and my third attempt..sewing just not my forte:(TICK DONE Two meeting to attend tomorrow, meet up with potential client for graphic job.TICK DONE
- Two handmade bags waiting for my attention (customize order)
- The 2nd round presentation for my Dr Client...(this gonna make me busy)
- Material preparation for upcoming Book Binding Workshop.
- Mmmm children book illustration..haven't start yet
- Consignment order from Penang...70% to go, will pass to Lina, during her trip to Penang end of month
- New product for upcoming Bazaar....
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Here are to show making process of 12 journals, customised order made by client, each to be used for every month of 2011. I am behind schedule. Gonna deliver to client tomorrow..will share finish product, and post more pictures soon.
Nite all..sleep tight:)
Graffiti often has a reputation as part of a subculture that rebels against authority, although the considerations of the practitioners often diverge and can relate to a wide range of attitudes. The developments of graffiti art which took place in art galleries and colleges as well as "on the street" or "underground", contributed to the resurfacing in the 1990s of a far more overtly politicized art form in the subvertising, culture jamming or tactical media movements. These movements or styles tend to classify the artists by their relationship to their social and economic contexts, since, in most countries, graffiti art remains illegal in many forms except when using non-permanent paint.
Artistic graffiti is a modern day offspring of traditional graffiti that has elevated itself from just scrawling words or phrases on a wall, to a complex artistic form of personal expression.
|Graffiti found along Sg Klang, self expression by different artist.|
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Monday, January 10, 2011
|Caffe Latte to recharge|
|me and Zaidah|
Saturday, January 08, 2011
It's a great day:) Buyer came early morning and bought quite number of LittleSyam products... so my products and Lina foot stools now can be purchased at Red Envelope, Ikano.
Thursday, January 06, 2011
I have a number of thing queue need my attention:
- Consignment order from Penang tropicalspicegarden.com and that will make me very very very busy.
- Illustration job for children book also need my attention, but no deadline for this so I will have to make a research first (collaboration with my writer friend Beatrice).
- January I hope to have one book binding workshop where I still looking for a suitable venue, which most probably going to be at Bangsar..I won't be able to announce the venue and date yet...so stay tune ya..
- At the mean time I almost finish my graphic job, a note book cum planner for my Terengganu client.
- Planner for Glam Street need to redo..Client wanted the harder cover..Just got my metal ring yesterday. Will start doing it on Monday.
- Hand bound books for 12 x A5 size for 12 month journal.
Pheeewww now I can move creating my art & craft and I only have one day before the Bazaar...Try to focus, creating one two new dolls...and handbound books. Lucky that I've created new products like tote bag and t'shirt...not much.. but still...
So folk I hope to see you there to support all indie crafter. This is my first time there..hope to share more stories, after the first day...Till then