I am driving alone to Ipoh to fetch my good friend, Lina before heading up to Penang. Been planning for the trip to replenish some stock at China House, I76 The Shop and Bon Ton. The next trip to Penang only going to be in August.
I always love the small break in every trip to Penang. I will repeat doing the same thing, going to the same makan place, and wondering around, indulge myself with inspiration. George Town is one of my favourite place to stay.
I stayed at my friend Guest House at Lebuh Noordin, and cancelled my booking at one of the guest house at Love Lane, long story and I shouldn't take the risk by staying at the place I not familiar with. I am not so picky about the place I will sleep but it must have white bed sheet and attach bathroom, end of story.
Here is my routine & tips whenever in Penang:
- Prefer to stay at George Town, all are within walking distance.
- Breakfast usually at Mug Shot, they serve the best Bagel and my favourite is Bagel with Salmon and Cream Cheese, and latte is the best.
- Breakfast alternative will be at Woodland, they serve delicious Indian vegetarian food.
- I normally will pay a visit and check my stock at Ren I Teng and Tropical Spice Garden too.
- Maju Deen Nasi Kandar in Lebuh Noordin is the best for dinner
- Jawi Cafe Gallery at Armenien Street serve the best local flavour and was easy to just dropby whenever I send some stock at Bon Ton The Shop.
- China House serves the best cakes, they spoilt me with galore of cake choices. Their quiche is the best I've ever tasted after the cafe in Wellington.
- Walking enjoying the street art is the way to hit my 10,000 steps after all the eating.
- There was a nice small park at Armenien Street that I enjoy sitting, it was a gem.
- Always make sure travel with the right buddy and company.
|Jawi Cafe Gallery